Negar Ezazi is a professional player and instructor of Daf (a notable Iranian traditional frame drum) and the percussion instruments. She has been performing with well-known Iranian musical bands in major concerts and festivals across Iran and in several other countries including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Europe. She is regarded as the leading woman Daf player and instructor in Iran by many music experts. Negar is also a professional textile designer with a long experience in designing for various textile companies in Iran.
- Master of Science (MS), Restoration of cultural and historical objects (historical fabrics).
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Textile and cloth designing.
- Studying and playing Iranian traditional frame drum, “Daf” under supervision of Daf masters: Bijan Kamkar, Hossein Rezaeenia, and Ramin Rahimi, <2001 - 2008>.
- Studying and playing Iranian traditional hammered dulcimer, “Santur” for 6 years under supervision of Santur masters: Mohammadreza Fayyaz, Mohammad Azari, and Behnaz Zakeri, <1994 - 1999>.
- Completing a two-year music course (Carl Orff method) under supervision of Nazar brothers, <1992 - 1994>.
Summary of Recent Collaborations
- Collaboration with “Gardoon” music ensemble vocaled by Mojgan Shajarian and directed/composed by Azad Mirzapour in Termeh Musical Festival, Munich, Germany, <2020>.
- Playing in the concert, “Daf va Ney” vocaled by master, Bijan Kamkar and directed by Hossein Rezainia, <2020>.
- Playing Daf in the music album, “Sanam-e-Naahanjaar” composed by Ali Ghamsari, <2019>
Summary of Work Experiences and Achievements
- Performing concerts with “Rastak” contemporary persian folk music ensemble in several countries: the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands, Sweden, Australia, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Malaysia, and India, <2010 - 2017>.
- Performing concerts with “Rastak” contemporary persian folk music ensemble in multiple international music festivals in several countries: Poland, Georgia, Turkey, and Chile, <2010 - 2017>.
- Performing several concerts in the capital city of Tehran as well as other major cities across Iran with “Rastak” contemporary persian folk music ensemble, <2010 - 2017>.
- Performing several concerts in Iran’s prestigious “Fajr International Musical Festival” with “Rastak” contemporary persian folk music ensemble, Tehran, Iran, <2010 - 2017>.
- Collaborate with several composers, Amir Tavasoli for the “Shahrzad TV series”, Arya Aziminejad in the theme music of title sequence for “Asre Jadid” TV program, Behzad Abdi, and Mahyar Alizade.
- Concert performance with “Barbatian” music ensemble directed by Hossein Behroozinia at Vahdat Hall in Tehran, Iran, <2018>, and in the cities: Shiraz, Tabriz, and Mashhad, Iran, <2019>.
- Playing Daf in the new music album composed by “Hossein Behroozinia”.
- Concert performance with “Mehdi Jahani” music ensemble, Iran, <2019>.
- Concert performance with “Amir Jahed” music ensemble, Tehran, Iran, <2018 - 2019>.
- Concert performance with “Abidar” music ensemble directed by Bahram Saed in the city of Kermanshah, Iran, <2018>.
- Collaboration with “Azad” music ensemble directed by Davood Azad and performing concerts in Tehran, Tabriz, and Kerman cities, Iran, <2017 - 2018>.
- Performing concert with “Diare Mehr” music ensemble directed by Tahmoores Pournazeri, vocaled by Farshad Jamali, and conducted by Nader Mortezapour as the orchestra’s conductor, <2010 >.
- The cloth designer for “Rastak” contemporary persian folk music ensemble in their two recent albums, “Mian-e Khorshidhay-e Hamishe” and “Sornay-e Nowruz”, <2012 - 2017>.
- Awarded the certificate of appreciation and prize for the “best cloth” from the fashion committee of Iran’s prestigious “Fajr International Musical Festival” in recognition of designing the cloth for “Rastak” contemporary persian folk music ensemble, <2017>.
Professional Services and Affiliations
- Working as instructor of percussion instruments in several music academies, <2008 - Present>.
- Active member of Iran Association of Music (Khaney-e Moosighiy-e Iran).
- Running a workshop on the Iranian traditional frame drum, “Daf” and “Rhythmology”, Toronto, Canada, <2018> and in the cities: Ahvaz and Behshahr, Iran, <2019>.
- Running a workshop on the music instrument, “Cajón” at the “Pars plus” music school, Iran <2019>.
- Representative artist for HAPA company, <2017 - Present>. HAPA is a well-known brand specialized in producing high-performance drums and percussion instruments owned by masters: Pejman Hadadi, Bijan Kamkar, and Padouk Co. (Mohsen Farmani).